Following on from your interest in the NATO Communications and Information Agency I wanted to bring their ‘Defence Innovation Challenge’ to your attention: http://www.nitec.nato.int/defence-innovation-challenge/
The challenge is aimed at accelerating transformational, state-of-the-art technology solutions from small businesses and academia in support of NATO C4ISR and cyber capabilities.
It is open to SMEs and academic institutions operating at the cutting edge of technology from all 29 NATO Nations. This year the challenge focuses on digital innovation and they are looking for submissions in the following areas:
– Mobile apps for defence users.
– Mobile apps for government organisations.
– Data science: models for natural language processing and translation; speech to text.
– Data science: application of open source analytic tools.
– Data visualisation.
– Internet of Things (IoT): Autonomous sensors for the battlefield.
– IoT: Secure federation of IoT devices.
Those with the best submissions will be invited to showcase their tech solutions at this year’s NCI Agency Conference and AFCEA TechNet International (NITEC18), entitled ‘NATO’s Digital Endeavour: Expanding the Ecosystem’, taking place on 22-24 May in Berlin, Germany.
The top ten finishers will receive:
– One full registration waiver.
– Showcase space at NITEC18.
– Participation in the award ceremony with NATO leadership.
– Presentation slot during the plenary session.
– Inclusion in the NITEC18 report.
– Inclusion in the industry innovation report in the Communicator magazine.
– Bilateral meeting with an NCI Agency expert.
– Mentoring session with one of the SME mentors.
The deadline for submissions is 6th April and winners will be announced on 30th April.