With the aim of exploring some opportunities to develop future collaboration, The Basque Cybersecurity Centre is offering the possibility to visit our ecosystem in the Basque Country during the week of May 27th.
The duration of the visit would be two days and a half, little more or less as follows:
If you are interested in joining this visit then please contact Ruth Stockley from Welsh Government on firstname.lastname@example.org
Suggested trip itinerary:-
Day 1 (Bizkaia Technology Park, “Barco” Building):
- 10:30 – Arrival to Bilbao airport.
- 11:00 – Welcoming and expectations for the visit (Welsh representatives).
- 11:30 – Brief introduction of SPRI: Alexander Arriola, Director General of the Basque Agency for Business Development (SPRI)
- 12:00 – We will go about the following topics:
- Understand the innovation model and the wider ecosystem and how it operates – support offered especially to SMEs, Foreign Direct Investment? Job growth and economic development strategies?
- Funding model of the institute/ecosystem/government support/sustainability
- How a smaller region works with the wider government (parallels to Wales/London)
- Aitor Cobanera: Director of Technology and Innovation (Basque Agency for Business Development)
- Susana Larrea: Strategic Initiatives (Basque Agency for Business Development)
- Marian Ibarrondo, Head of Invest in the Basque Country (Basque Agency for Business Development)
- Javier Diéguez, Director of the Basque Cybersecurity Centre.
- 14:00 – Lunch break.
- 16:00 – Visit to Tecnalia (Reseach and Technology Organization) with two objectives:
- Pose questions you may have on the funding model described during the morning.
- Visit to labs.
- 18:00 – End of the first day.
- If you are not too tired I could organize a light dinner around 20:00.
Day 2 (Araba Technology Park):
- 08:30 – Departure from Bilbao.
- 09:30 – Visit to Business and Innovation Centre BIC-Araba
- 11:30 – Welcome to the Basque Cybersecurity Centre (E7 Building, 46 Albert Einstein street).
- 12:00 – Move to the Cyber Training Room.
- 12:15 – Visit of the Cyber Training Room.
- 12:30 – Understand the Cyber ecosystem (technical strengths and sectors) – research areas/companies and possible opportunities for collaboration
- Speaker: Raúl Orduna. Vicomtech RTO brief presentation.
- Speaker: David González. Ikerlan RTO brief presentation.
- Speaker: Ekhine Irurozki. Basque Center for Applied Mathematics (BCAM) brief presentation.
- 14:00 – Lunch break
- 15:30 – Trip back to Bilbao
- 17:00 – Drop-off at the hotel and free time.
- 18:00 – Private visit to the Guggenheim Museum (in English).
- 20:30 – Dinner
Day 3 (Bilbao):
- 8:30 – Meet at the Hotel lobby
- 9:00 – Zorrozaurre Innovation Island Project
- Speaker: Estíbaliz Luengo, Head of Internationalization (Bilbao Council)
- Speaker: Ixone Soroa, Head of Invest in Bilbao (Bilbao Council)
- 11:30 – Presentation of universities and their activity around Cybersecurity at University of Deusto Campus:
- Speaker: Pablo Garcia-Bringas (University of Deusto)
- Speaker: Jasone Astorga (University of the Basque Country)
- Speaker: Urko Zurutuza (University of Mondragon)
- 13:00 – Wrap-up, clarifications and next steps.
- 13:30 – Lunch break.
- 15:30 – Transfer to the airport.