Cluster member, Nad Al Shiba (based in Cardiff & Brecon) are offering support to organisations who want to take advantage of the Dubai Future Accelerators (DFA). DFA facilitates partnerships between entrepreneurs, private sector organizations and government entities to co-create solutions.
Launched in 2016 by His Highness Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid al Maktoum, Crown Prince of Dubai and Chairman of Dubai Future Foundation under the directives of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Ruler of Dubai. Their mission is to imagine, design and co-create the future by pairing forward-thinking public and private sector organizations and start-ups using the city of Dubai as a living test-bed to co-create solutions for global and local challenges of tomorrow.
Dubai government partners issue challenges that address some of their most important opportunities, looking for companies that can use their technologies to co-create solutions to these challenges with each government partner.
The Challenges for the 5th Cohort of the Accelerator have just been announced by the following government entities:-
- Dubai Police – Social Media Analysis and Emergency Response
- The General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA) – Digitising residents visas
- Dubai Municipality – Robotic lab-testing and marine waste management
- Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA) – Technologies to revolutionise the utilities industry
- Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) – Asset maintenance and traffic congestion management
- Dubai Health Authority – Early intervention, reduce waiting times and improve surgical accuracy
- The Department of Economic Development – Retail industry research & prediction and construction productivity
- Smart Dubai Office – Creation of a ‘Data Bazaar’ and ensuring data quality standards
- The Knowledge and Human Development Authority – Build an eco-system that involves parents
- Emirates Airlines – Enhancing customer journey through airports
- Etisalat Digital – Video AI to reduce crimes rates, Blockchain for B2B solutions and currency exchanges
- DU (Telecoms Provider) – Machine to machine data connectivity
More details on the Accelerators and the current Challenges can be found at https://dubaifutureaccelerators.com/en/challenges-info
If you would like to learn more about how these Accelerators work and explore how Nad Al Shiba can help your company to take advantage of the opportunities, contact Faheem Azhar at email@example.com
There is a tight deadline on applications for this Cohort – they must be submitted by the 6th August – however Faheem has offered assist with this process.